Our Leather Sustainability Initiatives
Inter-Leather works exclusively with tanneries that meet or exceed legislated environmental requirements. This ensures:
- No hazardous tanning agents are used in the process
- All finishes are water based
- All water is monitored and treated with a substantial proportion being reused through the tanneries
- Any water not reused is discharged in compliance with European environmental requirements
- All effluents of the tanning process are independently monitored to ensure a two tiered control on discharge.
These tanneries are committed to reducing their carbon footprint and continue to pursue further enhancements to their own sustainability programs.